Buccal fat removal
Buccal fat removal surgery removes fat from your cheeks, slimming your face and giving your cheekbones more definition.
The buccal fat pad sits deep in the lower cheek, under some muscles. The size of these pads varies from person to person, regardless of weight. In fact, large buccal fat pads are often hereditary, and they aren’t affected by diet and exercise.
While liposuction isn’t recommended for buccal fat pad reduction because it can damage nerves.
Results are permanent, even if you gain weight more than 10 kg.
The procedure can provide a slimmer, smoother cheeks and restoring a youthful appearance.
Buccal fat removal procedure step:
- The buccal fat removal surgery is perform with a local anesthetic and taking approximately one hour from start to finish.
- The patient rines with mouthwash.
- A small 1 cm. long incision between the cheeks and gums.
- Through this incision, fat will be excised. sculpting the cheeks to a slender, pleasing contour.
- Dissolvable sutures will then be use to closet the incision. Sutures close the incisions inside your mouth. Typically, these sutures are absorbable. The scar of surgery cannot be seen from the appearance.
Post operative care of Buccal fat removal procedure
- Cold pack should be put on cheeks area for the first 2 days, then using warm pack untill 7 days.
- The patient is able to eat normal food except Spicy, Hot food to prevent further swelling.
- Brushing your teeth and mothwash should be done after eating food.
- The patient will feel lump on cheeks area having buccal fat removal. This is normal situation after the surgery.it will be disappeared in time.
The results are subtle following the procedure. The recovery process is relatively painless and quick. There is usually some bruising and swelling immediately after the procedure, but they fade quickly. It will generally take about seven to ten days following the procedure for the tissues inside the mouth to recover.
Optimal results are usually seen 3 months following the Buccal Fat Removal. This is the time that the subtle contour of your cheeks into your jawline become apparent.